Digital tech developers need nurses’ know-how
Involving nurses in the development of digital technologies would help make them usable in practice and open an exciting career pathway
An increased use of technology is one of the main focuses of the NHS Long Term Plan.
Published in January 2019, the plan sets out the government’s ten-year blueprint for the NHS in England, highlighting the role that digital health will play in the NHS.
As the largest group of healthcare professionals in the NHS, nurses are likely to be the main users of digital technology in the future, and it is important that nurses are involved in decisions about what technologies to introduce and the design of those systems.
Health information technology, or digital/health informatics, is about how to use information to provide better care for patients. We know from other areas of our lives that technology has...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests