Anxious about revalidation? RCNi study days are here to help
RCNi revalidation study days offer nurses and midwives the opportunity to discuss their individual concerns with revalidation experts, and attendees leave with part of their revalidation complete
RCNi revalidation study days are taking place across the UK throughout 2017. As well as offering nurses and midwives the opportunity to discuss their individual concerns with revalidation experts, they enable attendees to complete part of their revalidation.
The study days have been of particular value to nurses working outside a hospital setting, or for an agency where they may have less access to support.
A chance to reflect
In an environment where creating time for personal development is becoming increasingly challenging, revalidation offers us a chance to pause, reflect on the different elements of practice, and review where things haven’t gone as intended.
Revalidation is not something to be feared – I receive many comments about it being an enjoyable, fulfilling experience which allows us to appreciate how we contribute, and really consider what it means to be a professional.
So much more than a process, revalidation helps us identify our learning needs, which we can use to develop our future practice, helps build confidence and supports professional growth.
It also creates a rare opportunity to consider ourselves before others, which is vital if we are to offer engaged, thoughtful and progressive nursing care.
Benefits of attending
- Gain self-confidence through your own revalidation process.
- Benefit from having your individual questions answered by revalidation experts.
- Complete part of your revalidation.
- Hear how revalidation can be used to support your professional development.
- Add six hours of participatory learning to your CPD log.
- Obtain a CPD certificate of attendance.
- Receive a free copy of ‘A Guide to Revalidation’.
- Receive NMC revalidation forms, resources, presentations and booklets.
Alison Finch is nursing and midwifery revalidation lead at University College London Hospitals
The next two revalidation study days:
- Somerset County Cricket Club, Taunton, 7 September
- DoubleTree by Hilton, Southampton, 19 September
Attendees can benefit from an exclusive 20% discount to the RCNi Portfolio. To find out more and book your place click here.