A digital network of writers
Speaking to nurses at my trust, I discovered that many had undertaken dissertations and projects that were not being disseminated. It is part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s code of conduct to share best practice, and there is also an ethical obligation to disseminate information when undertaking research.
Many nurses say they do not have time, knowledge or inclination to submit their work for publication, so I decided to create a publishing group to encourage and help nurses and other professionals to write for publication.
To stimulate communication, I created a closed Facebook group. I made sure anyone can join the group because a variety of viewpoints are important. I firmly believe in sharing information to help our patients and to learn from each other.
The response was positive. Nurses, healthcare assistants, consultants, specialists, editors of nursing journals and educators...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests