A clinic to help staff make the most of their careers
Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust has set up a ‘safe space’ for nurses to discuss professional aims
Evidence shows that supportive working conditions, such as flexible working, along with access to continuing professional development and recognition for achievements can boost job satisfaction and help the workforce become more resilient.
But the research also shows a strong link between tailored professional development and job satisfaction, and that keeping people happy in their jobs requires a focus on career development and the aspirations of staff.
In February 2018, a careers clinic was set up at Royal Brompton Hospital to enable nursing staff to discuss their careers with senior nurses in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests