Your guide to RCN congress 2021
All you need to know about this year’s amended programme, educational events and lectures
RCN congress is the college’s annual conference, where members gather to meet, debate and decide its priorities for the following year.
But this year’s congress, taking place on 18-20 September, will look very different; debates have been cancelled, with the focus shifting to education and professional development.
What has changed this year and why?
The RCN made the decision to turn the planned in-person 2021 conference into an online-only event following allegations of sexual harassment.
Its governing body then took the unprecedented step of removing debates from the congress programme after members raised concerns about the ability to participate fully in debates online.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests