NHS at 70: it's time to thank the nursing profession
Barry Quinn on the Windrush awards and Jane Cummings as she prepares to step down as chief nursing officer
In the 70th year of the NHS, it is time to say thank you – and to acknowledge the greatness within nursing, and those who work in health and social care.
Thank you to all nurses and colleagues who through their commitment and competence have kept people safe, and cared for them all year round against a backdrop of increasing demand.
Thank you to Jane Cummings , who, having worked as a nurse in the NHS for nearly 40 years, has decided to step down from her role as chief nursing officer (CNO) for England.
Professor Cummings will be remembered for many things, including her visibility and leadership and her work on helping the profession to focus on the core...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests