Staff shortages compromising care, RCN survey finds
Staffing levels are having a huge impact on quality of care, nurses often feel they are not able to perform to the best of their ability. A recent survey by the Royal College of Nursing has found that little is being done to relieve pressures facing staff
‘I feel guilty leaving work two hours late knowing staffing levels are inadequate. I often go home in tears. I love being a nurse – yet I feel I am unable to do my job properly.’
That is the verdict of one nurse from an adult acute ward who provided feedback as part of a recent Royal College of Nursing (RCN) survey of front-line staff.
It was not...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests