What is the nurse’s role in supporting young people’s sexual health?
Young people should have access to education, assessment and treatment for sexual health
Sexual health is defined as ‘a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality’ ( World Health Organisation 2006 ).
High income countries have long identified poor sexual health in their young people due to high rates of unplanned teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections ( National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) 2019 ,
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests