Critical care in the community: how a secondment has expanded my skills and experience
RCN Nurse of the Year and paediatric emergency nurse Ana Waddington is pushing her boundaries in a six-month role with a mobile response unit
‘It’s a new and exciting opportunity for nursing,’ says Ms Waddington, who is only the fourth nurse to work for the LAAS Physician Response Unit (PRU) – and the first paediatric nurse.
Having a nurse on the team ‘completes the circle’
She combines her post as a
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests