Being a foundation trust governor gives me a voice for patients and staff
‘I saw being a nursing staff governor as the first step towards making a difference,’ says community district nursing sister Janet Briers.
After finding out about the governor post at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust through a trust-wide email, Ms Briers applied for the role because she felt ‘the voice of community services needed to be heard’.
Janet Briers is ‘helping to ensure the voice of community services is heard at board level’
‘I wanted to represent community nursing at the trust to make sure the issues faced by patients and staff were aired,’ says Ms Briers. She now performs the staff governor role in addition to her nursing duties.
The application process for the post involved...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests