What does a practice education facilitator do?
Practice education facilitators support nursing students in clinical practice, working closely with universities to ensure students have a good learning experience
The roles and titles of practice education facilitators (PEFs) vary across different organisations as they are locally arranged, but they are usually registered nurses who arrange placements and support nursing students in clinical practice.
In organisations with large student numbers in clinical areas, PEFs were introduced to help support the management of students and to monitor and enhance the quality of placements. PEFs can be found anywhere where placements are provided, including hospitals and the community.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests