Learning Disability Practice is a unique digital resource that keeps nurses and health professionals up to date with the latest developments, best practice and research in caring for people with learning, or intellectual, disabilities.
We also publish continuing professional development articles to enhance your skills and build your evidence for revalidation.
If you have an idea for an article or how to develop the journal, the editorial team wants to hear from you. We have a particular focus on the following areas:
- Care and treatment reviews
- Minimising restrictive practices
- Mental health problems in people with learning disabilities
- Positive behaviour support
- Caring for clients with specific syndromes
Learning Disability Practice is indexed on BNI.
Subscribe to Learning Disability Practice
From as little as £6.70 a month, a subscription to Learning Disability Practice gives you unlimited access to these valuable resources:
- Digital edition – your bi-monthly journal, delivered to you in an easily-accessible, environmentally-friendly and engaging format
- Personalised website and e-newsletters – we highlight articles of interest to you based on what you’ve read before on the Learning Disability Practice website. This also informs the content you receive in your daily e-newsletters, ensuring you get more of what’s relevant to you
- Online archive and ten extra articles a month – access our archive of peer-reviewed articles. You can even access up to ten articles each month from any other RCNi journal
- RCNi Portfolio – get a clear overview of your revalidation progress at a glance, with interactive quizzes to help you quickly build your CPD hours
- Continuous online publishing – peer-reviewed articles are available online first, giving you faster access to new content
Organisations can also subscribe to Learning Disability Practice on behalf of their nurses or students.
Acceptance of advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or an endorsement of a product or service by the RCN or RCNi. Please see our advertising information for more details.
Tel: +44(0)208 872 3123
Tel: +44(0)208 423 1333
RCNi produce a comprehensive range of online nursing resources including RCNi Learning and RCNi Portfolio. We also host the annual RCNi Nurse Awards, the largest UK-wide award ceremony to celebrate and honour the often unsung stars within our nursing profession.
Learning Disability Practice
RCNi, The Heights, 58-65 Lowlands Road, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3AW
Royal College of Nursing Journal subscription department, Copse Walk, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff CF23 8XG
Tel: +44(0)345 772 6100
Personal subscriptions are available from £6.70 a month. Institutional subscriptions from £492 a year.
RCNi journals offer open access publishing. To find out more see our open access information.
Write for us
Are you interested in writing for Learning Disability Practice? To find out more about submissions please see our author guidelines.
At RCNi we have lots of information available to help you successfully write for publication. Please see our Write for us section, which details the many ways you can share your experience and knowledge to the benefit of our nursing community.
© 2019 RCN Publishing Company Limited
All rights reserved. Not to be copied, transmitted, or recorded in any way, in whole or part, without prior permission of the publishers. Please see our terms and conditions for more details.
ISSN 2047-8968 (online)