Juggling multiple tasks
Emergency and resuscitation nurse consultant Nick Castle is assistant executive director and head of professions at Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service in Qatar
Why did you become an emergency nurse?
My background was in critical intensive care nursing but I was also part of the clinical management team at Wembley Stadium before 2000 so I stumbled into emergency nursing.
What might you have done otherwise?
I made a decision at 14 to go into nursing. While waiting to start training, I worked with my dad on building sites. Despite acquiring the nickname Florence, for obvious reasons, I have never looked back.
How and where have you developed your emergency care skills?
My area of interest was treating critically ill or injured patients, so I brought my intensive and critical care unit knowledge into the resuscitation room. I then started...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests