Opportunities for nurses in the ambulance service
Looking for a career change or new ways to test your skills? A role with the ambulance service could be for you
An ambulance service may not be the most obvious career choice for nursing staff, but it can offer a wealth of opportunities.
‘I enjoy the variety,’ says Jennifer Green, a paramedic clinical supervisor with South East Coast Ambulance Service, which employs 3,300 staff working in Kent, Surrey, Sussex and a small area in Hampshire.
The unexpected keep you interested
‘One minute you’re helping to deliver a baby, the next you’re dealing with a car accident, before giving advice to someone who’s at home feeling ill. Not knowing what you’ll walk through the door to find keeps it interesting.’
Other advantages include collaborating with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests