Book review: Nurses and Nursing: The Person and the Profession
Nurses and Nursing: The Person and the Profession
Pádraig Ó Lúanaigh
£29.99 | 208pp
This textbook is unique, engaging and excellently written by a broad range of experienced international contributors, and is referenced appropriately throughout.
Each chapter encourages the reader to reflect deeply on their profession and unique identity as a nurse.
The questions enable the reader to consider the future of nursing and the challenges facing the health service, and to reflect on how they would like to develop their own practice.
Although offered as a textbook, it is much more: it is a delightful dialogue between the author and reader. This book offers something for everyone, whether a nursing student or a more experienced nurse, at whatever stage of their career.
Reviewed by Eleanor Sherwen, patient...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests