Book review: The Mindful Nurse
The Mindful Nurse
£19.95 | 372pp
An excellent text for nurses at any stage of their careers, this book takes the reader step by step through mindful and compassionate practice, giving readers an opportunity to explore each stage.
There are plenty of examples of how mindfulness and compassion can be used to help nurses improve their skills. Each chapter introduces ways to practise mindfulness, including breathing, walking, sitting, team working and leadership, every day.
The real value of this book is in how it provides an opportunity to adapt skills to the reader’s individual needs. Nurses can enhance their learning using online resources and reflection.
This text offers a diverse range of skills and information, including the evidence base for mindful and compassionate care....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests