2020: the year we can raise the profile of nurses worldwide
International Year of the Nurse and Midwife begins with successful industrial action in Northern Ireland
2020, the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife, marks the culmination of Nursing Now , the three-year global campaign to improve health by raising the profile and status of nursing worldwide.
The campaign has five core areas, the first of which is ensuring that nurses have a more prominent voice in health policymaking.
Evidence of nursing’s potential to realise this global aim lies at home. I’m referring to the striking nurses in Northern Ireland who have secured long-overdue promises on pay and safe staffing.
Inextricably linked to these phenomenal developments, stemming from the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests