When help is at hand
Health care is a high-stress working environment, so strong support structures and a culture of openness are essential.
Healthcare professionals and carers in any sector – in health care, in voluntary work – are known to be more at risk of serious stress-related and psychological problems. They take troubles on to their shoulders and do not always know when to stop.
At Birmingham Children’s Hospital we treat and support 90,000 children, young people and their families each year. Working with often seriously ill children can, understandably, have an effect on employees, many of whom deal with sensitive and emotional situations on a daily basis.X factor
Managing stress and wellbeing among our staff is a major issue and one we take seriously. We know that resilient and happy teams are able to offer the best possible care. Our teams make a difference to the experience of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests