Tax avoidance schemes: how to know if you’ve been targeted
HMRC warns of the hidden costs and penalties for agency nurses and other healthcare workers
Unscrupulous promoters of tax avoidance schemes are continuing to target healthcare workers, including agency nurses and those who have returned to help the NHS during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There can be significant financial implications for anyone involved in these schemes.
Schemes can be tempting but they carry hidden costs
A HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) report shows that healthcare workers are often targeted and drawn into schemes marketed by companies promising higher take-home pay and less admin.
Yet most of these schemes do not work
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests