'Shocking' disparity seen in nursing workforce race equality
Overview of race equality data for nursing workforce sets out six tips on strategic approaches and operational interventions
A new overview of workforce race equality data for the nursing profession in England should leave senior nurses ‘shocked to their core’, says one of the country’s highest-ranking nurse leaders.
Yvonne Coghill. Picture: Barney Newman
NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) implementation director Yvonne Coghill says the publication, in March, of the analysis should act as a wake-up call to senior nurses to act on race equality in their organisations.
About 20% of nurses and midwives are from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests