RCN launches centenary celebrations
The value of nursing leadership is highlighted in the RCN centenary exhibition, which opened last month at the college’s London headquarters.
Some of the historical nursing instruments on display at the college’s exhibition entitled The Voice of Nursing: Celebrating 100 Years of the RCN
Hosted by the RCN Library and Heritage Centre, the exhibition, entitled The Voice of Nursing: Celebrating 100 Years of the RCN, showcases the history of the UK’s largest nursing union by leading visitors through a century of the profession.Pioneer organisation
Founded during the first world war, the RCN was the first organisation to secure professional status for nurses. It has been a pioneer in training and education, and supporting the rights of female workers, ever since.
The exhibition has been drawn from the RCN’s unique collections and includes sections on history, nursing education and specialties. Displays also explore the representations of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests