'We all have to work together'
Karen Wilson talks about her new role as director of nursing, midwifery and allied health professions at NHS Education for Scotland
Karen Wilson: 'Grab every opportunity'
What is your job?
From 1 January 2018, I have been director of nursing, midwifery and allied health professions at NHS Education for Scotland, but before that I was dean of the school of health, nursing and midwifery at the University of the West of Scotland. In my new role, I will be working with a wide range of stakeholders so that education is effective and responsive for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals (AHPs), as well as those delivering psychological services and spiritual care. This involves ensuring we have the workforce we need in these areas and that they are equipped to carry out their roles.
What will be your main responsibilities?...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests