'One of the most important things is the power of deep listening'
Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership lead nurse for primary and community care Louise Brady explains her commitment to service improvement
What is your job?
I am responsible for leading the development, implementation and delivery of a city-wide, general practice nurse education and training programme.
This involves providing mentorship and clinical supervision, advice and guidance to experienced staff, as well as support to nursing students who are new to primary care.
I also work as a community volunteer, to support local residents and build bridges between individuals, professionals and communities, across different networks.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
I work in partnership with local communities to inform the programmes we deliver.
I am proud of the work that comes from group consultations for long-term conditions and the integrative way of working means better...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests