‘Never let anyone force you into lowering your values as a nurse’
Deputy director of nursing Paul Jebb on the importance of role modelling
What is your job?
I am on a nine-month secondment to Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust as deputy director of nursing to support their improvement journey.
What are your main responsibilities?
Focusing on risk, assurance and engagement and linking quality improvement and learning from feedback to ensure the trust embeds and sustains learning.
Why did you become a nurse?
My dad was in a road traffic accident 30 years ago, which opened my eyes to healthcare and the role of nurses in ensuring people get the care they need in the place they need it.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
The variety. Every day being different and every day throwing a challenge at you to work through and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests