Care home operations dementia manager
RCNi nurse leadership award winner Yvonne Manson knew early on that she wanted to work in care homes
What is your job role?
I am the operations dementia manager for Balhousie Care Group, overseeing and designing dementia services across all 25 of Balhousie care homes.
What are your main responsibilities?
The role is varied and ranges from supporting our two dementia facilitators, designing and delivering training in dementia and linking this to the Promoting Excellence in Dementia Care framework for Scotland, to auditing services using a range of tools including dementia care mapping, dementia strategy-based audits and the Balhousie observational assessment tool.
I also lead the Balhousie dementia ambassador programme. The main themes of the programme this year are to continue to reduce and monitor the use of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Management
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests