All paragraphs are well illustrated and there is good use of real-life situations (over 200) to illustrate the various problems. A significant strength of the book is its frequent use of exercises, aiming to reinforce knowledge gained in each chapter. Margin notes are used imaginatively to talk readers through each example, and potential problems are flagged up through the use of warnings and cautions.
The book has an impressive accompanying website for the use of students and lecturers and a number of supplements are also available. An astonishing amount of work must have gone into the preparation of the text, and the author deserves the fullest congratulations. This really is a life’s work, and one to be proud of.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests