Nurse Researcher is an international, peer-reviewed digital resource that publishes papers on research methodology and topical issues related to research
Our mission is to promote professional excellence and encourage creativity in nursing. Nurse Researcher is editorially independent and the opinions expressed in it are not those of the RCN, nor any contributor’s employing organisation, unless specifically stated.
Nurse Researcher comprises papers on all aspects of research methodology, with each issue highlighting a topical issue in nursing research as well as articles that deal with more diverse research matters.
If you have an idea for an article or how to develop the journal, the editorial team wants to hear from you. We have a particular focus on the following areas:
- Application of research into practice
- Methodological debates
- Innovative research methods
- Data collection and analysis techniques
- Methodological decision making
- Participant recruitment and/or retention issues
- Issues related to the conduct of research
Nurse Researcher has been accepted for indexing in the Thomas Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index, an edition of Web of Science™. Content in this index is under consideration by Thomson Reuters to be accepted in the Science Citation Index Expanded™, the Social Sciences Citation Index®, and the Arts & Humanities Citation Index®. The inclusion of Nurse Researcher in the Emerging Sources Citation Index demonstrates RCNi’s dedication to providing the more relevant and influential nursing content available to our readers.
Subscribe to Nurse Researcher
From as little as £4.70 a month, a subscription to Nurse Researcher gives you unlimited access to these valuable resources:
- Digital edition – your quarterly journal, delivered to you in an easily-accessible, environmentally-friendly and engaging format
- Personalised website and e-newsletters – we highlight articles of interest to you based on what you’ve read before on the Nurse Researcher website. This also informs the content you receive in your daily e-newsletters, ensuring you get more of what’s relevant to you
- Online archive and ten extra articles a month – access our archive of peer-reviewed articles. You can even access up to ten articles each month from any other RCNi journal
- RCNi Portfolio – get a clear overview of your revalidation progress at a glance, with interactive quizzes to help you quickly build your CPD hours
- Continuous online publishing – peer-reviewed articles are available online first, giving you faster access to new content
Organisations can also subscribe to Nurse Researcher on behalf of their nurses or students.
Acceptance of advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or an endorsement of a product or service by the RCN or RCNi. Please see our advertising information for more details.
Tel: +44(0)208 872 3123
Tel: +44(0)208 423 1333
RCNi produce a comprehensive range of online nursing resources including RCNi Learning and RCNi Portfolio. We also host the annual RCNi Nurse Awards, the largest UK-wide award ceremony to celebrate and honour the often unsung stars within our nursing profession.
RCNi, The Heights, 58-65 Lowlands Road, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3AW
Royal College of Nursing Journal subscription department, Copse Walk, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff CF23 8XG
Tel: +44(0)345 772 6100
Personal subscriptions are available from £4.70 a month. Institutional subscriptions from £347 a year.
RCNi journals offer open access publishing. To find out more see our open access information.
Write for us
Are you interested in writing for Nurse Researcher? To find out more about submissions please see our author guidelines.
At RCNi we have lots of information available to help you successfully write for publication. Please see our Write for us section, which details the many ways you can share your experience and knowledge to the benefit of our nursing community.
© 2019 RCN Publishing Company Limited
All rights reserved. Not to be copied, transmitted, or recorded in any way, in whole or part, without prior permission of the publishers. Please see our terms and conditions for more details.
ISSN 2047-8992 (online)