Encouraging professionalism in research-informed practice environments
How the National Institute for Health Research is putting evidence at the heart of decision-making
Professional nursing should always be informed by research and the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) code requires all practitioners to practise in line with the best available evidence. The code states that all nurses must:
- Make sure that any information or advice given is evidence based, including information relating to using any healthcare products or services
- Maintain the knowledge and skills they need for safe and effective practice
The NMC only has a statutory responsibility for the actions of individual registrants, but there is increasing awareness of the effect of the environment where nurses and midwives work on their ability to base their practice on evidence. Enabling Professionalism in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests