Book review: A Clinician’s Brief Guide to the Mental Health Act
A Clinician’s Brief Guide to the Mental Health Act
Tony Zigmond and Nick Brindle
£18 | 180pp
This brief guide to the Mental Health Act 1983 guides the reader through a concise history of common and statutory law.
It is illustrated with relevant and applicable content, helping to bring to life the process of decision making and the application of the act.
The book also highlights the complexities of work for frontline clinicians.
Eloquently written, the book is accessible and user friendly. It is a must-read for all nurses working in mental health, whether in hospitals, communities or the prison service.
It would also be a valuable resource for lecturers, nursing students, those working in adult safeguarding and anyone with a professional interest in the act.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests