Is your emergency department ready to treat children this winter?
As we prepare for the seasonal influx of patients, emergency care teams are being urged to make sure they have the equipment and skills to care for children
The cold winter months are here and with their arrival a rise in respiratory problems will follow.
The winter routine involves ramping up education on preventive measures, such as hand hygiene and vaccinations, and increasing respiratory interventions. Constant appraisal is imperative as complacency will put our patients at risk of harm.
Recently, the American Academy of Pediatrics published a joint policy statement on paediatric readiness in the emergency department (ED) in the US . The statement was rewritten to implore that EDs evaluate their resources so they are able to provide high quality care for children. This...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests