ED staff must feel safe and supported to deliver dignified care
Progressive nurse leaders can ensure decreasing morale and increasing turnover aren't inevitable, writes Cliff Evans
I recently presented at The Next Steps in Transforming Urgent and Emergency Care Services conference in London. My presentation focused on highlighting sustainable solutions to the workforce challenges facing many emergency departments (EDs).
Nursing and medical leads from around the UK expressed concern that inadequate staffing was negatively affecting their working experience.
Although recruiting and retaining emergency nurses is an international problem, addressing some fundamental issues can create a positive environment where nurses will want to work and develop their careers.
The pressures nurses face can result in an ethical dilemma between...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests