Book review: The Skies I’m Under
The Skies I’m UnderRachel Wright | Self-published | £6.99 | 204pp | ISBN: 9780993491504
This extraordinary book is one mother’s heartfelt and inspiring story following the birth of her son. Anticipating she would bring home a healthy baby she decorated a nursery, but her life was changed when the child was unexpectedly born with profound brain damage.
Rachel’s beautifully written account shares with a depth of honesty and sadness the questions we are sometimes too afraid to ask. She describes the struggles of coming to terms with having and living with a disabled child, and all the challenges this presents.
She gives an insight into the utter despair and pain alongside the joy and precious moments that each child brings.
Her story takes the reader on a rich journey of family life caring for a child with complex needs, and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests