Book review: Goodbye Daisy
Goodbye Daisy Stephanie Nimmo Hashtag Press £7.99 | 32pp ISBN: 9781999805371
There are growing numbers of books and resources that help us to understand children’s experience of grief and loss. This story and guide adds to the collection, but also offers something different.
Aimed at children with profound learning disabilities, it tells the heart-warming story of Daisy and her friend Elsie, who attend a school for children with special educational needs.
One day, Daisy doesn’t arrive at school. All the grown-ups are crying, and Elsie becomes cross and confused. The story covers the difficult task of how to explain to Elsie that her friend has died and how to say goodbye.
Goodbye Daisy is a storybook, and a parent and professional resource. It can be used with any child, but is written to explain the experience and support required for children with additional needs....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests