Chronic pain management in children and young people
New guidelines on chronic pain in children focus on physical, psychological and pharmacological interventions
Chronic pain – defined as persisting or recurring for longer than three months – is a significant global public health problem for children, with a negative impact on their emotional, physical and social development and function, says the World Health Organization (WHO).
There is also a significant effect on the lives of their families and caregivers.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests