Palliative and end of life care can be a rewarding choice
Palliative care clinical nurse specialist for children and young people Vera Clement describes why she is dedicated to improving choice for end of life care
Vera Clement, clinical nurse specialist at Cwm Taf University Health Board, provides direct patient care, advises and trains colleagues on palliative care, and works closely with acute and community teams and the local children’s hospice.
Her work saw her shortlisted for the RCN in Wales Nurse of the Year Suzanne Goodall paediatric award.
Ms Clement started her training as a state enrolled nurse at the Mid Glamorgan school of nursing in Merthyr Tydfil, 1976.
She took a job on a children’s acute ward at the Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr after visiting it several times during her training.
She spent more than two decades working on the ward, during which time she took her...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests