England’s chief nursing officer says increasing LD nursing numbers is priority
England's chief nursing officer Ruth May told a conference this week that increasing the number of learning disability nurses was a priority and hinted at the reintroduction of the bursary
Increasing the learning disability workforce of the future is a top priority for England’s chief nursing officer Ruth May.
She also hinted at a possible return for the bursary to support nursing students when she addressed the fifth annual RCNi Learning Disability Nursing Conference – supported by Learning Disability Practice – in Manchester.
Watch: Ruth May reveals her three priorities for nursing
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests