Has the planned ‘reset’ of learning disability nursing been a success?
2020 saw a sea change for learning disability nursing as it sought to improve its reputation and bolster its workforce
- After some difficult years for learning disability nursing in England, 2020 was a year of rejuvenation
- The All-England Plan for Learning Disability Nursing consolidated a move to attract more recruits to the specialty with new training opportunities
- The focus on retaining staff involved improving career pathways, offering clear skills development and advanced training programmes
The past few years have, to say the least, been a difficult period for the learning disability sector.
2020 was set to be a year of change for learning disability nursing
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests