School nurse: case study
Profile: Bryony is a school nurse, at a boarding school. She doesn't work alongside any other Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registrants. The only person of a medical background who she has regular contact with at work is a GP who runs a clinic at the school every month.
Bryony wants to know:
Who should I ask to provide my confirmation?
Bryony will have to make up for the fact that she doesn’t work alongside any NMC registrant peers, which she can do by building networks with other NMC registered nurses and healthcare professionals. By doing so she can obtain confirmation. Bryony could also get confirmation from NMC registrant ex-colleagues.
Should I be asking the students for feedback?
Bryony should collect and reflect on the feedback received. This could be a mixture of patients, any agency managers that she has, and those of standing...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests