Health and Well-being in Early Childhood
Janet Rose, Louie Gilbert and Val Richards Sage Publications Ltd £23.99 | 200pp ISBN: 9781446287620
This book is written for professionals working with young children, particularly those in the early years.
It reviews links between attachment and the developing brain, and examines how these links relate to the health and well-being of the young child.
Active learning, emotional coaching, resilience and building learning are discussed, with reference to the development of the young child and the child's health and well-being.
External factors are also explored, before the book covers the interventions available to professionals, including nurses and health visitors.
Overall, the book is an easy read and draws on current research. It would be a useful resource for nurses working with young children.Laila Paulsen-Becejac is a senior lecturer in child health nursing at the College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare, University of West London
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests