Book review: Why Starting Solids Matters
Why Starting Solids Matters Amy Brown Pinter and Martin £7.99 | 160pp ISBN: 9781780665009
As a dietitian and first-time mother getting to grips with weaning, I was excited at the prospect of this book.
It is one of several evidence-based guides to pregnancy, birth and parenting aimed for new parents and health professionals.
It is a small paperback and so is perfect for dipping in and out of, as many parents and healthcare professionals like to do.
Unfortunately, the text-heavy chapters, with their lack of figures and diagrams, make this difficult – and is one of the aspects of the book I struggled with.
Nevertheless, this is a well-referenced book on starting solids, with much theory and scientific research summarised in an engaging manner.
It includes chapters detailing advice on introducing solids, baby-lead weaning and responsive feeding.
It is more suited...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests