Book review: Essential Neonatal Medicine
Essential Neonatal Medicine Sunil Sinha, Lawrence Miall and Luke Jardine Wiley Blackwell £42.99 | 352pp ISBN: 9781119235811
Now in its sixth edition, this is an excellent resource for neonatal nurses, medical students, allied health professionals and others working in the field of neonatology.
Illustrated with colour pictures, tables, clinical procedures and diagrams, it presents neonatology in a clear and informative style.
This edition emphasises developmental and family-centred care, and its chapters on imaging, diagnosis and genetic testing have been enhanced.
There is also additional information on neonatal transport, and palliative and end of life care.
The chapters on birth injury and genetic disorders were particularly informative as they present what can be complex information is a user-friendly style.
The reader will not be disappointed in the rest of the book, which includes content on jaundice, the extreme preterm infant, respiratory physiology and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests