Book review: Child Protection, Public Health and Nursing
Child Protection, Public Health and Nursing
Jane V Appleton and Sue Peckover
Dunedin Academic Press
£19.95 | 110pp
The remit of public health is undergoing major transformation in the UK, and specialist community public health nurses, midwives and other nursing colleagues are at the forefront of the changes. Much of their work will include child protection, which is the subject of this book.
The authors offer a clear range of information about the public health role in relation to child protection and this links into contemporary changes at local and national levels.
Chapters are written by experts in healthcare which gives unique insights into nursing roles and crucial interventions. The editors have also included a wider remit of public health so that it encompasses work in hospitals as well as in the community.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests