Book review: Calming Your Anxious Child
Calming Your Anxious Child
Johns Hopkins University Press
US$18.95/£14.00 | 264pp
This is a cognitive behavioural psychotherapy-based text aimed at parents and practitioners who are responsible for the psychological well-being of children. It is a versatile and timely text and it will be useful for those working at all levels, from low to high intensity.
Children are under increased pressure from peers and the media and we are being confronted with increased levels of low mood, low self-esteem, body image problems and a host of anxiety disorders. This book is not afraid to confront these problems head on and offers practical approaches to help deal with these important issues.
As with all books of this type, the reader should always be aware of their own competency level and seek support, advice and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests