Starting out: keeping the scales balanced
I don’t know about you, but I am exhausted. I was completely unprepared for how tiring I would find working as a nurse full time and how demanding it would be. While at university I managed to have a good work-life balance, always finding time to relax and enjoy myself.
However, now I’m working full time as a newly qualified nurse I feel like I am struggling to get the balance right. I think this is due to several factors: the exhaustion that comes with a new job and a new role due to constantly learning and being taught new things, combined with the new feeling of responsibility that accompanies every decision I make.
It is also likely to do with the fact that,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests