Safeguarding crisis: how underinvestment impacts school nurses
Disinvestment, complex mental health issues and rising demand leaves school nurses feeling distressed about their inability to safeguard and protect children
School nurses’ role in safeguarding and child protection is critical, yet the workforce is in dire need of reinvestment to help us support those children most in need.
As postgraduate specialist community public health nurses, we are experts who provide valuable, confidential services to children, young people and families. Our input can be life-saving.
It was harrowing to read news reports about the tragic death of seven-year-old Hakeem Hussain, who was found dead
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests