Have a happy and stress-free Christmas and New Year
It has been a difficult year for nurses, but there are some bright spots on the horizon
The festive season is here and most nurses will, at some point, work over the holiday period.
Nurses sometimes struggle to blend the pressures of the party season and their professional roles to ensure that their family and friends do not lose out.
Judiciously juggling competing pressures is a nursing skill, honed to perfection in the NHS.
But even the best advanced planning can go awry, and this is one reason that the season can be so stressful, particularly for families.
Pressure of expectation
Along with the celebration, many parents may feel the pressure of expectation and the fear of not living up to it.
This is especially the case for parents who live on the margins – single...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests