Charity helps children’s transition to adult services
Specialist nurses funded by the Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity are helping to care for children with long-term conditions and smooth their transition to adult services
- Charity aims to improve quality of care young people receive up to and during transition
- Nurses are an important link between the two services
- Research is being undertaken to determine the value of specialist nurses
The fact that aspiring actor Benjamin Tshibangu, 23, is beginning to work in his dream job shows how far he has come with the help of a specialist transition nurse, having been diagnosed with sickle cell disease shortly after birth.
Mr Tshibangu says a major factor in him having the confidence to follow his dream despite his health difficulties is the support he...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests