Cultural Awareness in Nursing and Health Care Second edition
The first few chapters offer an overview of key concepts. Topics covered include culture, race and ethnicity, views on health and illness and the influence of religious beliefs. Consideration is then given to the knowledge and skills required to provide care that is sensitive to the cultural needs of diverse communities. The remainder of the book focuses on areas such as women’s health, child and family-centred care and older people.
The authors have avoided the risk of promoting stereotypical views of people from particular ‘cultural groups’ by frequently challenging the reader to question their own assumptions and to recognise diversity within and across different ethnic groups.
In this latest edition, each chapter has up-to-date references and websites and short case studies and exercises. In addition, two new chapters on men’s health and the needs of asylum seekers and recent migrants have been included. The book is well structured, highly readable...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests