Applied Qualitative Research Design: A Total Framework Approach
The discussion in each chapter is detailed and includes a focus on the benefits and potential disadvantages of various data collection techniques including in-depth interviews, focus groups, observation and different types of data analysis.
The authors suggest that the text should be read in order and that its structure makes it useful for teachers. It also lends itself to being used in technology-enhanced learning. Good use is made of chapter summaries and discussion topics and worked examples. There is also a detailed glossary of terms. Where appropriate, the advantages and disadvantages of preparing for, collecting and analysing data using technology is explored providing an additional dimension to the text.
I would recommend this book to educators, researchers and postgraduate students who are undertaking qualitative research.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests