Book review: Transition to Nursing Practice: from student to registered nurse
Transition to Nursing Practice: from student to registered nurse Angela Darvill, Melanie Stephens, Jacqueline Leigh Learning Matters £18.99 | 216pp ISBN: 9781473978683
This book aims to support the transition from nursing student to registered nurse and from mentorship through to preceptorship. It is based on the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards for Pre-Registration Nurse Education 2010, which limits its shelf-life somewhat as it will only be applicable to some students due to the publication of the NMC (2018) standards.
The book is structured in eight chapters, all dedicated to a specific area relevant to student transition and uses self-assessment and reflection as crucial learning tools. As it is generically written, it is applicable to all four fields of nursing practice. Each chapter contains case studies, scenarios, further reading and websites to support the reader in their continuing personal and professional development.
The key strengths...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests